Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
dynamic hiding columns with procedure as datasets
Ronak
HELLO,
Fine, Now I have one procedure which is as follows.
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE getRepGlobalProperties( pvReportName Varchar2, pnCols OUT Number ) AS
BEGIN
If pvReportName = 'TITLE' Then
pnCols := 2;
Elsif pvReportName = 'SALUTATION' Then
pnCols := 3;
Elsif pvReportName = 'ENTPTYPE' Then
pnCols := 4;
Elsif pvReportName = 'USER' Then
pnCols := 10;
Elsif pvReportName = 'CLIENT' Then
pnCols := 6;
Else
pnCols := 0;
End If;
Exception
WHEN OTHERS THEN
pnCols := 0;
END getRepGlobalProperties;
/
Scenario is : I agaoin have 20 columns.
In procedure I have two parameters. The first parameter is pvReportName. If pvReportName = 'TITLE' then the two coluns to be diaplayes as described as PNCOLS = 2 in procedure.
Similarly if pvReportName = 'SALUTATION' THEN out of 20 columns only 3 columns to be displayed as PNCOLS = 3 given in procedure.
Similarly for others...
How to do this.
I am using birt 3.7.
If possible then provide sample example of it.
Thanks,
Ronak
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you've got a table and you have script that tells you how many columns to show based on a certain value? Is this correct? If so, you should just be able to create visibility expressions for each column based on the value of pnCols. Hope this helps.
Ronak
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.. But I am informing you that I only have this procedure. I dnt have anything else. Neither script or any. Even I dnt know how to create script for it.
So please help me in this...
Thanks
Ronak
Ronak
HI,
Its a common question, that why the error is coming as I send that error image in the attach document.
Thanks,
Ronak
Hans_vd
Hi Ronak,
I'm informing you that your procedure will not give you any results in your BIRT dataset. I informed you before (yesterday, several times) about the use of output parameters and their types. Reread my posts.
Hans
Ronak
Hi Hans,
I solve the procedure as you said and got the solution.
Now canyou just tell me how can I represent the columns i.e what I want is if there Report parameter is 'TITLE' then I want to display first two columns only.
if eport Parameter is 'SALUTATIO' then first three columns and so on
thanks
Ronak
Ronak
Hey,
I got cleared everything as I asked you above. Thanks for help.
Right now I have one small Problem. please help in it.
I have the procedure as follows.
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE getRepGlobalProperties( pvReportName Varchar2, pnCols OUT Number ) AS
BEGIN
If pvReportName = 'TITLE' Then
pnCols := 2;
Elsif pvReportName = 'SALUTATION' Then
pnCols := 3;
Elsif pvReportName = 'ENTPTYPE' Then
pnCols := 4;
Elsif pvReportName = 'USER' Then
pnCols := 10;
Elsif pvReportName = 'CLIENT' Then
pnCols := 6;
Else
pnCols := 0;
End If;
Exception
WHEN OTHERS THEN
pnCols := 0;
END getRepGlobalProperties;
This procedure works fine. Now what I want is that when we pass this input parameter value it returns some value.
i.e for input parameter 'TITLE' it return value 4.
Now with this return value I want to display number of columns.
eg..
If the input parameter is 'TITLE' it will display 4columns, if salutation then 5 and so on...
How can I do this??
thanks
ronak