Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Determining the <container> selected
brianmat
I am trying to build a template to allow our users to build an e-mail form. I want them to be able to select the form elements and basic properties. Here is my current template (attached). This may be bad design, so I am looking for style feedback.
Basically, I want to be able to determine what type of element they selected (textbox, textarea, select, etc) within my tpl.
I can loop through the elements with:
<w_iterate var='element' list='dcr.Fields' iteration='element_index'>
But I want to be able to see within this loop what type of container was selected so that I can build the form. I can do:
<iw_value name="element.formItem.textarea.cols" />
But this only returns a value if they select a textarea and populate the cols element. I cannot check for .textarea ne '' because that does not seem to evaluate properly.
Any feedback would be appreciated since I cannot find much information on using containers.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet