Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Manipulate ReportDesign at runtime
Rainer
Hi all,
for some reason I have to add users security role as a property to some reports. Iam using re api to extract and show parameters and later execute reports in my own application. In my special case I have to inject users role into report design file before creating ParameterDefinitionTask. My solution is to put user role into AppContext and evaluate this role to filter report parameters. I think it would be better to set some global variable at runtime, but Iam not able to get ReportContext object using re api. I dont know when reportContext is created and if theres a way to get this Object after creation from api.
If theres a better way to secure reports partly please let me know
Thanks in advance
Rainer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Rainer,
From a report design you can always get session if you are using the viewer or setting the http session with the re api. I assume you are putting the everything in the appcontext currently?
Jason
Rainer
Jason, you are right. I save users information in httpsession. From there I can get all information I need to manage access rights.
Thanks
Rainer
JasonW
I assume you have it working then?
Jason