Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Insert Statement created from Dataset
Lianite
Good Morning everyone,
I am attempting to develop a report that pulls data from one database(AS400), then inserts the data extracted into another database(Oracle), and displays the summarized data to the user.
I am currently using BIRT 2.5.0 RCP version with a tomcat web-server.
Also, I am not fluent in Java, however, I can find my way around it. If there are any resources available, I would be grateful for you to point me in the right direction.
Thank you
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Have you tried using a joint dataSet to join the two together?
Lianite
I believe we have a miscommunication. I can pull the data no problem, however, I want to then use SQL Insert statements for each line of the data that I pulled with a Select statement, them display the selected data. From my knowledge, it is impossible to use a dataset to insert data into a database.
mwilliams
No, I don't believe you can insert data into a database from a dataSet. What I meant was bringing in data from both databases and joining them to be able to display to your users.
Lianite
The problem is that I am trying to use this as a means for migrating data from one database to another while at the same time, displaying data to the user. I have no problem displaying the data, but migrating data to another database is where the problem exists.
mwilliams
I am not sure how to do this as I haven't done it before. You might be able to connect to your database with java/javascript from BIRT and migrate the data to your database that way.