Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Designer 2.6.2 - Problem with parameter reordering
skassam
Is there a problem with Designer 2.6.2 and parameters getting automatically reordered?
We are having a problem with editing existing reports and parameters being reordered without us explicitly doing so. Is there some other edit we could be making that would cause this to happen?
It doesn't happen every time and we aren't able to pin down the exact scenario yet.
TIA,
Shinan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Shinan,
So, you have report parameters in a certain order in a report that was created in a version prior to 2.6.2, but when you open it in 2.6.2, the parameters are in a different order? Is this the issue? If so, what was your prior version?
skassam
The reports were created using 2.6.1 Designer. But I think most of them have been edited using 2.6.2
What you are suggesting isn't something I had considered.
Is this a known issue?
I will try to see if the parameters are getting reordered in reports that have already been edited in 2.6.2
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
skassam
Thanks for your help. Although some of the reports were created in 2.6.1. We are confident that we have edited all of them in 2.6.2 and had the problem of the parameters reordering in a report that was previously edited in 2.6.2.
Any other ideas or things we can look at?
TIA,
Shinan
mwilliams
I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue completely still. When you run a report, there are parameters in the parameter page in a different order than they are in the parameters list in your data explorer? Or are the parameters in the data explorer changing order without you changing them? Let me know.
skassam
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="79908" data-time="1310393974" data-date="11 July 2011 - 07:19 AM"><p>
I'm not sure I'm understanding the issue completely still. When you run a report, there are parameters in the parameter page in a different order than they are in the parameters list in your data explorer? Or are the parameters in the data explorer changing order without you changing them? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
The parameters in the data explorer changing order without me explicitly changing them<br />
<br />
Thanks.<br />
Shinan
mwilliams
I have not personally seen this happen and I'm not sure why this would happen, but it doesn't sound like something you can just reproduce to show me. Please log a bug for this at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
.