Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt iserver
ajunuthula
Hi,
I have my birt report deployed in tomcat and can run it successfully.
http://wisdom.rockef...erver.rptdesign
How can I run this report in Birt iserver (birt 360)?
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mcremer
Just log in to your iServer console (
http://localhost:8900/acadmin)
and upload it to the folderyou like. Its that easy.
ajunuthula
OK. But my concern is the report connects to the oracle database and when I installed Birt iserver, pgAdmin is installed.
How can I make a conenction to Oracle database?
Thank you.
averma
Data connection definition is stored in your BIRT report design. BIRT iServer uses this to connect to your oracle database and renders the report. pgAdmin is just an administration tool for PostgreSQL (used by BIRT iServer to store metadata information) and should not interfere with your report.
Ashwini
ajunuthula
Yes the database connection information is stored in my report.
I uploaded the report into iserver and when the report is run got an error as 'cannot establish jdbc connection"
In the installation steps, for the metadata storage, do I need to choose "Bundled PostgreSQl" or "PostgreSQl"
Do I need to download any drivers here?
You can view my report at
http://wisdom.rockefeller.edu:8080/birt/frameset?__report=server.rptdesign
Thank you.
averma
While installing choose "bundled PostgreSQL". The server comes bundled with data direct driver for most popular databases (including oracle). Chances are that you are using a different driver in your report. If so, all you have to do is provide BIRT iServer that driver by copying it to the following folder:
$ACTUATE_HOME\iServer\MyClasses\eclipse\plugins
Ashwini
ajunuthula
Still I get the error as " cannot open connection for the driver:org.eclipse.birt.data.oda.jdbc"
I copied this into actuate/iserver/myclasses/eclipse/plugins.
Any help please.
averma
Can you run sample reports that comes with iServer from your Information Console?
ajunuthula
Yes, I can run the sample reports, tested the report "customer dashboard"
averma
The earlier location was that for custom ODA driver, the correct location for a JDBC driver is:
$ACTUATE_HOME\iServer\Jar\BIRT\platform\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_<VERSION>\drivers
Copy your driver to this location instead.
Ashwini
ajunuthula
Thank you so much, its working now.
I have a quick question, when I share the dashboard with another user "AA", then AA must also have Birt iserver installed or it can be opened just like any web URL.
Thank you.
Aparna J
averma
The other user does not need to install a separate copy of iServer. Although he/she needs to have an account on the same instance of BIRT iServer. Login into Management Console, add this user and assign it appropriate security privileges. Information console can be launched from any remote terminal and can be used to login by any user added to the system. The URL for Information console would be:
http://<machine_name>:8900/iportal
Ashwini
ajunuthula
Thank you for the information.