Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
using datasets
Ronak
Hii,
I have a new scenario. I generated one report with two datasets one having header information and other having detail(data) information.
Now I am inserting the third dataset which contains the properties like font,color,size etc. Now what I want is that the report get changed as per the properties in the dataset dynamically.
Hope you get it what I mean.
In case if you have any sample example ot if you can create it then it will be very thankful to you.
Thanks,
Ronak
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you want to change your styles based on the data in this third dataSet? You'd have to edit the styles in each element's script how you want, I would guess. If you made separate style sheets for how you wanted your report to look, you could bring that value in in the third dataSet and change the style sheet used in your report.
Ronak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="79843" data-time="1310152882" data-date="08 July 2011 - 12:21 PM"><p>
So, you want to change your styles based on the data in this third dataSet? You'd have to edit the styles in each element's script how you want, I would guess. If you made separate style sheets for how you wanted your report to look, you could bring that value in in the third dataSet and change the style sheet used in your report.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hii,<br />
<br />
Thanks for reply.. Can you create aimple script through which I can change the fgcolor and bgcolor of each column of a table dynamically or give me such example.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Ronak
mwilliams
What BIRT version?
Ronak
Hii,
I am using birt 3.7 (Latest).
Thanks,
Ronak
mwilliams
Here's a simple example showing how to change the background and text colors of a table from another dataSet's values.