Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data Extraction
Lianite
Good morning everyone,
My current task is to use an rptdesign file, and extract the data provided by the datasets inside. I understand that the rptdesign file will need to be processed into an rptdocument file first, then I can extract the data from there.
I am not very familiar with any of the BIRT APIs or Java, so I know that will be a major problem for me to figure this out.
However, any information you can give me would be great.
Thank you,
Jordan Trulen
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
If you are using 2.5 or 2.6 of BIRT you could download these examples:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1344-eclipsecon-2011-api-examples/
There is an example of a java project that extracts the results from a rpt document. The document is created using a run task example which is also provided. If you are using 3.7 the same code can be used just do not set BIRTHome and add the jars from the BIRT 3.7 runtime download/reportengine/lib directory.
Jason