Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Front Office Server unavailable
System
Hi all
1.I install TFO server as admin guide's instruction
2.when I install TFO client , the configure wizard keep pop-up error window that states my server is not available
3.The message keeps coming out every single time I tried to connect my server by configure wizard ...
File does not exist : C:/iw-home/httpd/iw/services/tfo/1.0
Any suggestion ?
TGIF
Sean
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
In the hundreds of times I've installed TFO, I don't remember having seen this error, and I don't find any reference to it in bugs filed. Hmm...
Does the path mentioned in the error message exist on your client machine?
Was there ever a previous version of the TFO client installed on this machine?
Any chance you're installing different versions of TFO client and server?
I'd really like to help get to the bottom of this. I always like hearing user feedback about TFO.
Migrateduser
I installed the client and server in seperate servers , and I checked the versions of them are exactly the same.
I found the iw-webd was not be configured well , and in the httpd.conf.template.tfosave , something is weird
in template
#####
LoadModule isoap_module modules/mod_isoap.dll
<Location /iw/services/tfo/1.0>
SetHandler isoap-handler
SOAPLibrary C:\iw-home/iw-webd/modules/mod_tfosoapserver.dll
########
then I configured iw-webd base on above info
and it works so far .....
that's all about.
PS:This is not the first time and shortest time to figure out what's wrong in TeamSite products.But I do appreciate what you do in this forum .
Migrateduser
1.If I would like to develop my own soap client to communicate with TFO server , is that practicable ?
2.if that's not practicable , is there another simple way to communicate with TeamSite by SOAP/HTTP?
Thanks .
jzhuang
It's is possible to communicate to TFO server through the SOAP API. But TFO is not designed to be an "Open" API. There is a ContentService SDK from Interwoven that does exactly what you want. It's SOAP over HTTP. So please contact Interwoven support for that.
Migrateduser
ContentServices is part of the Developer Suite product line. Documentation can be found on the support site, provided you have a valid maintenance contract:
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamportal/pdf/cs.110.dg.pdf
or to see the full list (including javadocs):
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamportal/teamportal.asp
lissa
Migrateduser
Thank you for your response .
After I installed the FrontOfficee , I tried the briefcase .
Everything is OK except I drag and draw the double bytes characters.The content with double bytes charset name can not be displayed correctly.
Is it possible for me to fix that ? or configure that ?
Adam Stoller
I haven't done much work with TFO - but to get better help - please provide version information:
- TeamSite version (including patches / service packs)
- TeamSite Front Office version (including patches / service packs)
- TeamSite server OS
- Client machine OS
- anything else you think might possibly be of relevance
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Couple more questions:
When MB characters fail to display correctly, how do they fail? Do they display as question marks, junk characters, etc?
Are your client and server OS the same?
Do MB characters display correctly under other conditions?
From where are you dragging the file and where are you dropping it? eg: From desktop into briefcase, or from one briefcase folder to another, etc.
thanks
Erik
Migrateduser
Thank you for your response.
Here is infomation about my environment.
-TeamSite 5.5.2 (no Patch)
-Front Office 5.5.2 (no Patch)
-Server OS win2k server sp3
-Client OS win2k server sp3
-both server default charset MS950
The scenario is :
1. I drag the file from my client and draw to Briefcase with double byte charset.
2.the file imports to TeamSite server and I can reach it.
3.the briefcase window refresh and the new file apears in the window with junk characters filename.
4.I can reach the file in my workarea with filename correctly displayed
[image]
http://devnet.interwoven.com/data/forums/attachments/37-17847-briefcase.bmp
[/image]
Any response is appreciated.
Edited by SeanLiu on 07/22/03 08:34 PM (server time).
Adam Stoller
I'm not entirely sure if my recollection is correct - but I believe multibyte support for TeamSite came out in SP1 for 5.5.2 - not in the "vanilla" version. I think you may need to install the SP (SP2 or SP3).
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Yes, Adam is correct, you should definately be on at least LSP1. And since you have to update to that, I STRONGLY recommend you go to SP3.
Regards,
lissa