Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Preventing query execution in sub-tables
acpark
I have a web service based report which contains a table with an subtable. The tables execute separate queries and I would like to prevent the sub table query from executing if the query in the main table returns an error.
Is it possible to use a command in the pre-fetch to break out and prevent execution.
Thank you,
Andrew Park
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
The subTable will not execute until it is needed.
If the outer table errors and never generates the row that has the subTable, the subTable query will not run.
acpark
The problem is that the web service creates a dummy row with an error code and message and so the dummy row is then passed to the sub-table.
I realise that using a dummy row is not the ideal way to pass error messages but when I tried to return errors using the WS fault mechanism the birt view only reports a server error 500 and does not show the error message.
Andrew.