Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Call birt report from birt?
Dave O
Is it possible to call birt reports from a birt report?
I'd like to be able to have a library of reports that would display the titles within the Birt viewer and allow the user to select the report of interest and execute it.
Is that possible?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Yes, you could do that, if you wanted. You'd just use a grid and hyperlinked labels. You could also do the same with a simple html or jsp page.
Dave O
Thanks for the reply.
I don't see any reason a table controlled by a dataset couldn't do the same thing. I want to be able to manage and add reports without having to change application code every time i want to add report. I will try it today.
mwilliams
Yeah, if you have a database that returns report names, it would definitely be easy to do with BIRT and a table or list. I was meaning if you only had a finite list of reports, you could make it with a simple html or jsp page. If the reports change, then a BIRT report would work great. You'd just build the URL for your link in script.