Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Xls Emitter empty rows and columns with Tribix
Rodnroll
Hello.
I use Tribix plugin in Birt to have multiple sheets in my excell reports.
I got an issue on generated reports using cross-tabs :
There are blank rows and blank columns between every datarows and colums rows.
I succeed to resolve this problem when I use simple tables by reducing the padding to zero for each columns but I didn?t succeed to do the same with crosstabs.
Any idea?
PS : I put a screenshot of the generated report as you can see there are three rows for each data rows.. I need only one row
Thanks for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
That is just what the Tribix emitter does. It has to do with the type of rendering engine it uses, where it tries to be close to pixel perfect, and uses a very specific X/Y coordinate system to figure the number of columns/rows/merges to use to try to get the output as close as possible to the original design.
Usually, unless there has been a specific need of the Tribix Excel emitter, I usually recommend my clients go a different route as the Tribix emitter is not going to be able to overcome the extra rows and columns, and it tends to be a bit of a memory hog due to using Apache POI as its Office output engine. We've written an emitter for Excel that outputs charts and images to fill the gap between what the stock open source emitter does and the commercial BIRT emitter in cases where Tribix adding the extra rows and columns causes a problem.