Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Variables
arbert
I'm having a problem with variables when I output to a DOC format. When you view in HTML or PDF, the variables work as expected. These are basically custom sequencing that break the report into section/sub-section numbers.
I've found a few articles on the net that talk about how the onrender, oncreate, etc. fire differently based upon the destination of the report. Is there a definitive guide somewhere that talks about this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you talking about from the designer? Or deployed? If using the designer, are you running in the web viewer and then exporting to these output types? The reason I ask is that the web viewer runs the run and render tasks separately. The other outputs use the RunAndRender task. If you're calling the deployed viewer by URL, the run option in the URL uses the RunAndRender task, while frameset uses the tasks separately.
This link will cover the scripting methods in BIRT:
http://eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/reportScripting.php
arbert
Ya, this is all from designer. Link you posted looks great. Appreciate it.
Brett