I asked the question on <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6783894/does-birt-support-sub-total-columns'>Stack Overflow</a>, then I found this group. Looks like I found the experts!<br />
<br />
<br />
We're trying using BIRT to design a specific cross-tab report and are not having much luck. The data, a time series of values with some attributes has the following shape:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Data
AttributeA,AttributeB,AttributeC,Date,Value
A1,B1,C1,Jan-1-2010,25
A1,B1,C2,Jan-1-2010,25
...
</pre>
<br />
I've gone ahead and created a cube for the data source and grouped by all the attributes which works great, but I'm not sure if/how I can summarize by the date. Here's an example of what I'm trying to produce:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Report
Jan Feb Mar Q1 Apr
A1, B1, C1 25 25 25 75 33
C2 25 25 25 75 33
C3 25 25 25 75 33
Subtotal: 75 75 75 225 99
B2, C1 50 25 25 75 33
C2 50 25 25 75 33
Subtotal: 100 50 50 150 66
A2, B1, C1 25 25 25 75 33
C2 25 25 25 75 33
</pre>
<br />
As you can see, I want my values summed by month in the first three months, then I want a Q1 sum, and so on. Is this kind of thing possible with BIRT, short of writing a bunchof Javascript? If so, can someone point me in the right direction?