Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Inconsistent preview from Preview and Viewer
Dave O
I am running BIRT 2.6.1 with MSSQL 2008 R2.
I have a report on a view in MSSQL that displays different data when run in the IDE preview and the Viewer preview. The data in the Viewer is the desired data. I am confused about the inconsistency.
Also, the default parameters for dates calculate correctly in the IDE Preview, but not in the Viewer - they have to be entered each time it is run even though there is a default in the parameter definition.
Any suggestions?
Dave O
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
In the IDE preview, the data is limited to 500 rows by default. You can change this in your preferences. In the viewer, the parameter page should pop up every time if the parameters are required and not hidden.
Dave O
Thanks! The 500 rows makes sense.
The Parameters dialogue comes up in both, but the default shows in the IDE preview but not in the Viewer.
Dave O
mwilliams
Oh, ok. I misunderstood. Your default value set in your report parameter doesn't show when you run in the viewer? Is it a list parameter or text box? What is your version?
Dave O
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="80515" data-time="1311605324" data-date="25 July 2011 - 07:48 AM"><p>
Oh, ok. I misunderstood. Your default value set in your report parameter doesn't show when you run in the viewer? Is it a list parameter or text box? What is your version?<br /></p></blockquote>
Dave O
I found the problem - the javascript had a typo - the IDE didn't care, but the Viewer did. Fixed it and all is well.
Thank you for your response.