Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
I need to put in a row the time difference between current row and the next
m29
If I need to put in a row the time difference between current row and the next, what should I do?(for the first row I need the values from the first and the second row). Something like row.next()["TimeStamp"] - row["TimeStamp"].
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you put a text box attached to your dataSet at the top of your report design and hide it, the dataSet will run before all other elements in your report. In your onFetch, you could create an array or hash map or something of your data. So, since the dataSet will have ran, this data will be stored in the array prior to your table being created. In your table, you'll now have an array that you can step through, so you can jump ahead to the next value to do your computation. Hope this helps.
m29
Thanks. This is a "good to know" trick.
If the query is time consuming, the table can start to be drawing in the meantime?
mwilliams
Actuate BIRT's viewer has that capability. If there are many pages of the report, the first ones are available to view as the report is still running. This is not a feature of the open source viewer. You'd have to create this yourself. However, even with Actuate BIRT, I don't know how that would work out when the query will run first for the text box that is hidden. Either way, out of the box, you're going to wait with the Eclipse BIRT viewer. Hope this answers your question.