Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Further pair down SQL results?
TheShadraq
I have a SQL query pulling a specific data set...say it pulls<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Name, Status, Date<br />
Name2, Status2, Date2<br />
Name3, Status3, Date3</strong><br />
<br />
At times, depending on Human Error, it will pull something akin to the following<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Name, Status, Date<br />
Name2, Status2, Date2<br />
Name2, Status2, Date21<br />
Name2, Status2, Date22<br />
Name2, Status2, Date23<br />
Name3, Status3, Date3</strong><br />
<br />
Is there a setting in BIRT that can look at a data set and say something like "If <strong class='bbc'>Status2 </strong>already exists, just give me one entry with the newest <strong class='bbc'>Date</strong>." ?<br />
<br />
I remember when I was running in Actuate this could be done through properties. I am wondering if there is something similar in BIRT.<br />
<br />
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
This can easily be done in SQL:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
SELECT name,
status,
min (date) as date
FROM your_table
GROUP BY name, status
</pre>
<br />
Hope this helps<br />
Hans
TheShadraq
Hans,
That worked well. I appreciate the tip. To your recollection though, and for future reference if I can't find a way to limit results through SQL...is there a way to limit the results using BIRT functionality?