Hello there!

<br />
<br />
I am pretty new to BIRT and my goal is to have PDF reports generated from the application server by using the BIRT runtime. So far I have a simple report being generated ok, but for some reason when IRunAndRenderTask.run() executes a Windows pop-up comes up saying: "There is no disk in drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Hardisk1\DR9".<br />
<br />
I been trying to figure out if this has to do with my Report Engine config or what, but no luck. I know that only occurs with trying to generate a PDF because HTML generates with not error messages. I haven't found any clue by googleing if is related to my Engine, RunRenderTask, or PDFOptions. Please advice what else to try.<br />
<br />
The configuration:<br />
- IBM RAD ver 8.0<br />
- BIRT 3.7<br />
- The project is referencing the *.jars for Birt as a User Library<br />
- Using Windows 7 for development<br />
- Adobe Reader X ver 10.1.0 (don't know if matters)<br />
<br />
My code:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
public void runReport() throws BirtException
{
IRunAndRenderTask task = null;
IReportEngine engine = null;
EngineConfig config = null;
// Create Report Engine
config = new EngineConfig();
config.setLogConfig("logs", Level.ALL);
Platform.startup( config );
IReportEngineFactory factory =
(IReportEngineFactory) Platform.createFactoryObject(
IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY);
engine = factory.createReportEngine(config);
// Run reports
IReportRunnable design = null;
String designName = "reports/design/CurrentStocks.rptdesign";
final String pdfOutFilename ="reports/out/dailystocks.pdf";
design = engine.openReportDesign(designName);
task = engine.createRunAndRenderTask(design);
PDFRenderOption options = new PDFRenderOption();
options.setOutputFileName(pdfOutFilename);
options.setOutputFormat(PDFRenderOption.OUTPUT_FORMAT_PDF);
task.setRenderOption(options);
task.run();
task.close();
engine.destroy();
Platform.shutdown( );
}
</pre>
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Update: (07/27/2011)</strong><br />
So far no luck in why I am getting that error dialog box... But I found another bug related to Windows 7 where the developer had to call: "RegistryProviderFactory.releaseDefault();" as a work around to Win7. I wonder if my issue is related to Windows 7 too.. I don't have anyway to confirm this, but I find strange that <strong class='bbc'>"Platform.getOS();"</strong> outputs "win32" when actually I am in Windows 7 64 bit. Maybe I am over interpreting.. the only other thought is I am using JDK6-64 bit.<br />
<br />
Out of ideas. <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/</a><#EMO_DIR#>/confused.gif