Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to avoid Duplicate requests for Birt reports
vbolisetti
Hi, I am having an issue with duplicate request for same report (report called two times immediately). I am getting the following exception <br />
<strong class='bbc'>org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException atorg.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.openReportDocument(ReportEngineService.java:504)</strong> <br />
I am running the birt reports using My Eclipse IDe 7.5. It uses the version 2.3.1. When I goolged for this error they are saying it is due to some session management and they are saying <span class='bbc_underline'>?we introduced a new session management mechanism in 2.3.2, which includes quite complex changes. I would suggest you upgrade to 2.3.2 in this case?.</span> Is this upgrade going to resolve my problem? Failed to upgrade my Ide.<br />
Any Suggestion on this. Thank you in advance<br />
Vijay Kumar Bolisetti
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I have not heard of or seen this issue happen, so I'm not sure. Could you download a copy of 2.3.2 all in one or even a newer version if possible as there are many other bug fixes since 2.3.2 and try it out to see if the problem persists? If it does, this will just be a side test, so you won't have upgraded your entire system just to have the same problem.
vbolisetti
Thank you,<br />
<br />
this is link where i read the message <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=267031'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=267031</a>
; and in my eclipse ide it is displaying MyEclispe 7.0/Birt 2.3.1. I will update to latest IDe which is having the versions like updated Birt versions.<br />
<br />
I will update and get back on this issue. Thank you <br />
<br />
VijayaKUmarBolisetti
mwilliams
According to the bug report, it was verified fixed in 2.3.2, so if you're more comfortable only going one step to 2.3.2 rather than all the way to the newest version, it should work as you expect there too!
vbolisetti
Hi,
My Birt scenario is like this. I have a one web application running in Jboss. In that application I am calling this web project for running the reports. That means I am not having any session concept or User id concept in my reports web project. Just call the report URL in my web application. Everything is working fine.
But I am running through duplicate request issue, for that I have update BIRt version from 2.3.1 to 2.5.2 (Suggestion from forums).
I have upgraded My Eclipse IDE 7.5 to 9.1 and I had report Web project using Myeclipse 7.0/Birt 2.3.1. now I want to upgrade my project and reports files to
new version. This update is mainly for resolving the Duplicate request from reports.
I have updated the current version of code to latest in 3 different ways.
NOTE: Here all the time I was talking about consecutive request to single report (Duplicate requests)
1. import the project into new IDE and updated the Build path to new version.
? Added Birt 2.5.2 library to the current project.(old version also is there)-when I run the report I am getting org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException.
? I have retained only new version alone- when I run the report it works fine for 3 consecutive times only, if you click same report for more than 3 I am getting org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException. Once this error comes next time even 3 hits also not working.
? I have retained the same code as old version- when I run the report the same error org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException.
2. Created the new Web report added the reports design folder alone in that. Here no output for report. I am getting blank page without generating report document.
3. Third one create the new web report. Copy paste the code from step 1. First time alone I am getting following error ?The viewing session is not available or has expired?. First time alone means I am deploying the project using jboss server. Then I login in to my application and click report, first time alone I am getting this error. After that consecutive requests for report is working fine.
Overall it is not stable. Is my approach is correct? How can I upgrade my old code to new one? Any suggestions??.
vbolisetti
Guys,
Any thouht to my problem or any hint.