Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Potential Bug with Date Time Report Parameters
Paul A
Hi,
I have an issue with the BIRT Designer.
I have 2 date time report parameters configured. These are displayed on the report (dragged dropped from the Outline). These are:
DateFrom
DateTo
Both have a type of Date Time
When I click on Preview tab, the prompt appears to enter the parameters I first enter them as :
DateFrom: 2011-06-05 00:00
DateTo: 2011-06-05 23:30
I click on OK to continue. The report is displayed.
Date From is displayed as 2011-06-04 23:00
Date To is displayed as 2011-06-05 22:30
This is ok as it is a GMT/Local Time I need to deal with.
However, when I click Refresh Report and I do NOT modify the parameters and I click on OK, then when the report is refreshed it shows the following:
Date From is displayed as 2011-06-04 22:00
Date To is displayed as 2011-06-05 21:30
It has taken 1 hour off the date time. If I keep repeating this it always takes off 1 hour every time.
I have to enter the date and time in the prompt in order for this to work. I cannot have the date time as the same value as it was prior.
I am using Eclipse Indigo (3.7) SDK with the following BIRT versions:
Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools SDK
Version: 3.7.0.v20110603-809u78FT0z0-TVCu7ujN7w
Build id: v20110607-1526
BIRT Chart Context Sensitive Help
Version: 3.7.0.v20110603-46-7w31221641
Build id: v20110607-1526
BIRT Context Sensitive Help
Version: 3.7.0.v20110603-46-7w31221641
Build id: v20110607-1526
BIRT Documentation
Version: 3.7.0.v20110603-46-7w31221714
Build id: v20110607-1526
BIRT Example
Version: 3.7.0.v20110603-7M7l-DZRDKKDnDc
Build id: v20110607-1526
Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools
Version: 3.7.0.v20110603-BDF9E7AGTzuHfngz-8A08WvWDv8v
Build id: v20110607-1526
Any thoughts?
Andez
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
It certainly looks like a bug you should file in BugZilla.
Where is your machine (what timeZone)?
Is it possible the value is stored in GMT then localized, then stored as GMT and localized again each time you refresh?
Paul A
Thuston,<br />
<br />
I am running on Windows 7 in UTC Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London timezone adjusted for daylight savings.<br />
<br />
Andez<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="80724" data-time="1311859717" data-date="28 July 2011 - 06:28 AM"><p>
It certainly looks like a bug you should file in BugZilla.<br />
<br />
Where is your machine (what timeZone)? <br />
Is it possible the value is stored in GMT then localized, then stored as GMT and localized again each time you refresh?<br /></p></blockquote>
Paul A
This has now been logged in Eclipse Bugzilla #353324.