Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Deploying reports off the iServer onto windows
sbrar
Hi,
I have a PDF report which users run themselves through our mashboard application. The report sits on the iServer and takes the parameters the report takes is PeriodID and LocationID. Is there a way we can run this report out ourselves to be deployed on the windows environment? i.e. so we can have all of the reports for each location accessible via windows explorer? I cannot see anything aiding me to take the report off the iServer environment.
The iServer management console version I have is version 10 SP 1 Fix 4.
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Look at the iServer Integration Technology install and documentation.
The iServer has a java API (IDAPI) you can use to write functions or programs that automatically perform any of the actions you can do via the Management Console.
So you could access all the files in a sub-directory and choose to download them off the iServer encyclopedia into your Windows location.
sbrar
Thanks Thuston. Have you got any specific instructions as to how I can go about doing this once I have installed the iServer Integration Technology? I would find this very helpful as I have never used the IDAPI before.
thuston
It's not I tool I use. I specialize in other Actuate products. It should have some examples.
If you have a Support Maintenance contract, just email support@actuate.com and one of my colleagues can direct you to the exact files or send a simple example.