Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Highlighting the first row of repeated row
CaTcHmE
Hi,
I need some help to overcome this issue,
I have attached a .rptdesign file, in that customernumber having multiple records, i.e customernumber 103 is repeating for three rows, here i want to highlight every first row of customernumber.
I also attached an image file to your understanding.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Here's a simple way to do it with script. Take a look at the initialize event of the report and at the onCreate of the detail row. Hope this helps.
CaTcHmE
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="80879" data-time="1312218321" data-date="01 August 2011 - 10:05 AM"><p>
Here's a simple way to do it with script. Take a look at the initialize event of the report and at the onCreate of the detail row. Hope this helps.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks Williams. It works..
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="80879" data-time="1312218321" data-date="01 August 2011 - 10:05 AM"><p>
Here's a simple way to do it with script. Take a look at the initialize event of the report and at the onCreate of the detail row. Hope this helps.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
Its very simple and effective solution. But one thing I couldn't understand is, where are we defining the <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>firstRowHighlight</pre>? Is it a variable or some sort of in built data holder?<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Arpan
mwilliams
In the initialize event of the report. You could probably also set this in the onPrepare of the table.
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="80921" data-time="1312292878" data-date="02 August 2011 - 06:47 AM"><p>
In the initialize event of the report. You could probably also set this in the onPrepare of the table.<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
I saw the script in the initialize method, but I couldn't see any declaration for that variable. What I mean by declaration is to specify, <strong class='bbc'>var</strong> or something before the variable. The variable is holding a string value no doubt, but isn't it required to declare that, like we do it with any programming language? Like int, char, String etc...<br />
<br />
I ran the report locally and it is working fine, but I expected that firstRowHighlight will have some type.<br />
<br />
regards<br />
Arpan
mwilliams
No, it's not required. var would actually cause it to not work in this case because it would localize the variable, so it wouldn't be available in the other script. You could define a type for the variable if you wanted, but you shouldn't need to, but it'll work without.