Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
crosstab difference function
spulapalli
Hello,
I am using crosstab in my report. I wanted to show the difference instead of summation. I could not find any function to find the difference. I wanted to display differences in column area. let me know how can we do this
note: I have only two columns in crosstab.
Regards,
Suresh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could add a Derived Measure by clicking on the icon next to the measure in the crosstab. Then, you could put a new binding in this column and write an expression to give you what you're wanting.
Hope this helps.
spulapalli
thanks for quick response.
it is not working for me. I have attached sample report can you please let me know how to get the difference for each row.
right now I am showing grand totals for columns, instead of grand totals I want difference.
ex: for CA
Planes 108632
ships 66758
in third column instead of Grand totals(175391), I want to show difference. how do we get differences?
this report developed using Actuate BIRT Designer Professional
Version: 11.0.1
Build id: 20110326
Regards,
Suresh
mwilliams
Here is an example I posted in the devShare a while back that shows how to do this. If you have issues, let me know.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1287-birt-custom-difference-functionality-example/