Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Have you ever noticed?
mcremer
I don't know if any one noticed but sometimes when I'm working on a complex report that has to present a lot of data in different kind of tabel's and cubes. That editing the layout afterwords takes a long time and a lot of resources of my machine or is it just me?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Editing the layout after you've ran the report? Or just after you've designed it? How many tables and cubes are we talking? What is your BIRT version? I don't make too many extremely large reports, so I'll have to take a look.
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="81173" data-time="1312553376" data-date="05 August 2011 - 07:09 AM"><p>
Editing the layout after you've ran the report? Or just after you've designed it? How many tables and cubes are we talking? What is your BIRT version? I don't make too many extremely large reports, so I'll have to take a look.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Sorry for the late reply.<br />
<br />
I'm using BIRT 2.6.2 (we cant use Eclipse 2.7 because our professional is still on 2.6.1 (and if we update it it will go pootch bc the update site seems to point to Eclipse and not Acute making the branding go wrong).<br />
<br />
I experience this long processing with simple reports 2 sometimes. (example removing a column from a table you see javaw.exe hogging resources for a while).<br />
<br />
By default our reports use Library's to centrilse a bit controll:<br />
Conections.rptlibrary (contains the 2 Data Sources)<br />
Data.rptlibrary (contains standart datasets and paramtergroups)<br />
masterpage (contains masterpage for portrait and landscape)<br />
Styles (contains the look and feel for all reports)<br />
Template. Contains the front page layout)<br />
<br />
--<br />
<br />
In this explisit case this report has just 2 tables.<br />
<br />
Some of our reports have 4 cubes.<br />
<br />
Edeting these takes for ever.