Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
One Dataset output as a parameter for second dataset
rihanna
Dear Birt experts,
I have a situation where I have 2 datasets and output of the first dataset needs to go as a parameter for the second dataset. I have created a join dataset to join them by given fields, but because the second dataset runs without any parameter, it takes really long time for the join dataset to run. Is there any solution? Appreciate your help!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You can embed a table bound to the table with the parameter into the table with the value you want to pass and use the dataSet parameter binding button on the binding tab to set the dataSet parameter value to that of the value in the outer table.
rihanna
Thanks Michael for you response!
I solved the problem simply joining two dataset queries in one query.
mwilliams
That works as well!
Let us know whenever you have questions!