Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error using paramters in data object
nelsont
I have a report that uses a start year and end year paramter, both entered by the user. The query running against the SQL server has 2 question marks in it, and I defined the data set parameters to be start year and end year, and I created the report parameters and mapped the dataset parameters to them.
The report runs fine when my connection is directly to the SQL server. I get prompted for the parameters, enter them, and it works.
We want to use data objects instead of directly connecting to the server so we can set up security, but when I create a data object and re-create my datasets (or import my datasets from my report project) I get the error "parameter start year not found". I use the "copy data object to shared folder" and point my report to that object and change the table binding to the new data sets, etc.
I think there is just something fundamentally different when using a data object with parameters rather than a direct connection using paramters but I don't know what it is.
I'm using Birt designer pro version 11 (I think, I can't see the server from home to run it).
Any ideas or can you point me to something to read about this? I have all the actuate pdf manuals but I see nothing that looks different when using data objects vs. a direct connect where parameters are concerned.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
When you copy the DataSet, can you go in and edit it to create new parameters linked to the query parameters?
nelsont
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="81263" data-time="1312816095" data-date="08 August 2011 - 08:08 AM"><p>
When you copy the DataSet, can you go in and edit it to create new parameters linked to the query parameters?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes. I have paramters mapped in the dataset to each of the query paramters.
siva_birt
Any updated solution for this problem? I am facing similar error.