Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Avoiding conversion to BigDecimal
stevegal
I have a report in which I want to report on numeric types in an oracle database.
I'm using BIRT 2.6.1.
I've profiled the application as I need to squeeze as much performance out of it as I can, but I'm struggling to find how to prevent the DataTypeUtil.toBigDecimal(Object object) from taking most the report generation time. It would appear to be going through a conversion via Strings in order to get the BigDecimal.
Is there a way I can modify either the query in BIRT so the jdbc layer will just return BigDecimal and not require the conversion in BIRT (I note that in the DataTypeUtil, if I can get it to pass in a BigDecimal, it would just to cast).
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet