Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart's beforeGeneration event
Bernd
Hello,
I'm quite new to BIRT and want to test "Chart da Vinci" for changing the color palette of a chart. As part of testing you have to add code to the chart's beforeGeneration event. I'm using BIRT RCP report designer and cannot find the place where to configure the beforeGeneration event.
I know this is a stupid beginners questions, but maybe you can give me a hint or name a document for learning more about events in BIRT.
Thx a lot.
Bernd.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you click on the chart and then on the script tab under the design window, you'll see the chart scripting. onRender is the only available method for a chart, so that's all you'll find in the left drop down at the top of the window. However, in the right drop down, you'll find several functions in which you can add script to customize your report.
Bernd
ok, that works. I had expected more events at that place. Thx a lot.
mwilliams
Glad to help. There are many other methods within the report though. Charts have their own API so that it can be used on its own in your applications, so they don't have the exact same setup as the report engine.
Let us know whenever you have questions!