Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Charts in excel
manjus.kt
Hi there,
After googling for sometime, I knew that the birt doesn't support the CHART creation in excel. Is it a limitation or am I at the wrong end?
Thanks,
Manju
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JRiglar
Hi, certainly the Actuate commercial version of BIRT supports export to Excel that will include Charts, formulas and Pivot tables. Perhaps this is a limitation of the OS BIRT.
CBR
Yes you are right.
The excel emitter that's shipped with open source version of BIRT doesn't support charts in Excel (and any other kind of image to be rendered to excel)
You should have a look at:
http://tribix.sourceforge.net/
Tribix is a open source BIRT extension that adds another excel emitter to your BIRT framework. Using this emitter it is possible to have charts and images in excel.
mwilliams
I've also heard recently of another "for purchase" emitter out there for BIRT that is able to render images, so other options are out there along with the Actuate BIRT emitter. The Tribix project hasn't been updated since BIRT 2.5.1, I don't believe, so you may have to do a little work on it to get it to work with the newer versions. I have not tried it since 2.5.2, so I don't know if it still works with 2.6, but I've heard of others having issues getting it to work. Just a heads up, in case this is true!
jeffmor
Hi,
Tribix emitters work fine with BIRT 2.6 and even with 3.7. Anyway, if professional technical support and export to native MS Office 2007-2010 formats is important then I'd suggest our Arctorus BIRT emitters. Last version requires less memory and works about 7 times quicker than Tribix especially on very large reports exported to a single Excel sheet.
Best regards,
Jeff
thuston
I'd recommend the Actuate commercial version of BIRT. We make both BIRT and the API used for Excel generation.
As JRiglar stated, the new 11Sp1 functionality also allows for aggregate controls to become Excel formulas, Charts to be live (where you can modify the sheet data the chart updates), and for Crosstabs to become Pivot Tables.