Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt 3.7: jsf4birt can,t find rptlibrary
Bussard
I can run simple reports, but when I try to deploy a report liked to a rptlibrary I get this error:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
16:19:41,002 WARNING [LayoutModule] Syntax error found, and see error details.
Error.DesignFileException.SYNTAX_ERROR - 1 errors found!
1.) org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException (code = Error.DesignParserException.FILE_NOT_FOUND, message : The file "cnj102.rptlibrary" is not found.)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule.loadLibrary(LayoutModule.java:379)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule.loadLibrarySilently(LayoutModule.java:465)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.IncludedLibrariesStructureListState$IncludedLibraryStructureState.end(IncludedLibrariesStructureListState.java:145)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.util.XMLParserHandler.endElement(XMLParserHandler.java:176)
</pre>
<br />
<br />
This is how I link the in my rptlibrary to my report<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<list-property name="libraries">
<structure>
<property name="fileName">cnj102.rptlibrary</property>
<property name="namespace">cnj102</property>
</structure>
</list-property>
</pre>
<br />
Both files are placed at my application root.<br />
<br />
How can I indicate to jsf4birt where to find rptlibrary file ??
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
I am not certain how they are setting the resource folder. Do you have anything in the web.xml like the viewer uses?
Jason
Bussard
There's no metion in docs about need to change the web.xml. It was necessary to include this<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<context-param>
<param-name>org.eclipse.birt.configPath</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/configuration/config.ini</param-value>
</context-param>
</pre>
<br />
to make jsf4birt works with simple reports but it don't fix the rptlibrary error. I even tried to use this<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_RESOURCE_PATH</param-name>
<param-value>/</param-value>
</context-param>
</pre>
<br />
without success.
JasonW
create a blank report and add a beforeFactory script like:
ccc = reportContext.getDesignHandle().getModuleHandle().resourceFolder;
Add a data item to the report and set it's type to string and its expression to
ccc;
Then run the report and post the output.
Jason