Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Removing item from Table Of constance.
mcremer
Good day all,<br />
<br />
I'm having some trouble with a rather complex report. In this report we on several levels.<br />
<br />
however I have a problem the first group is conditional.<br />
<br />
The grouping go's something like this:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
if ( params["GROUP_DATA1"].value == 'Y') {
row["DATA1"];
} else {
params["GROUP_DATA1"].value;
}
</pre>
<br />
This effectively disables the grouping. And I sett he visibility of that group line to true when the params["GROUP_DATA1"].value is false.<br />
<br />
Now the problem I have is in the Table of Contense I put in bookmark & Item Expression for Table of Contense the following Script:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
if ( params["GROUP_DATA1"].value == 'Y') {
row["DATA1"];
}
</pre>
<br />
Now I would expect when the GROUP_DATA1 parameter is F that it would not make an item for the TOC (as it would be as you make them both Empty) however it makes an emtpy entry in the tree.<br />
<br />
Eny one a sugestion how to make it work as I expect?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
If the Group has any children that add to the TOC, then it must have some entry in the TOC. BIRT is not smart enough to know that a Group only generated a single TOC entry and since the name is null the whole TOC level should be skipped.
I think the only way to meet your requirement would be to script the Table and dynamically add (or remove) the whole group.
I don't have an example. Maybe someone has tried this before?
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="81474" data-time="1313069727" data-date="11 August 2011 - 06:35 AM"><p>
If the Group has any children that add to the TOC, then it must have some entry in the TOC. BIRT is not smart enough to know that a Group only generated a single TOC entry and since the name is null the whole TOC level should be skipped.<br />
<br />
I think the only way to meet your requirement would be to script the Table and dynamically add (or remove) the whole group.<br />
I don't have an example. Maybe someone has tried this before?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I feared for that but that was I thought. I wouldn't have the faintest how to do this. I rather hoped it would understaind when an element is NULL it should just nest straight under the next parrent.