Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Receiving Error in Joint Data Set in Library Using Multi-select Parameters
kpelzer29
I have two Data Sets that both have multi-select Data Set parameters. The multi-select Data Set parameters are tied to multi-select report parameters in the before open function of the Data Sets. For example,<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>this.queryText = this.queryText.replace("customer_name_list", params["rep_cust_name"].value.join("','");</em><br />
<br />
I am using a Joint Data Set to join the two Data Sets. I copied all three Data Sets to a library. I can preview all three Data Sets and the data seems to be correct. However, after I click on the OK button when previewing the results for the Joint Data Set, I get an error that starts out similiar to:<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>Fail to execute script in function ___bm_beforeOpen(). Source:<br />
<br />
" + this.queryText = this.queryText.replace("customer_name_list", params["rep_cust_name"].value.join("','");<br />
</em><br />
<br />
I am also having trouble updating the Joint Data Set in the library. If I want to add a Filter or Computed Column, I open the Expression Builder and I am able to see the name of the Joint Data Sets, but when I select the Joint Data Set name, I am unable to see the names of the rows to select. After I add the Data Sets to a report and preview the results for the Joint Data set, the icon that displays next to the Joint Data set shows it has been edited (eventhough I did not make any changes to the Joint Data Set).<br />
<br />
I recently noticed that the error message occurs even when the Data Sets are created in a report and not from a library. I am using BIRT version 3.7.0.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Sorry for the delayed response. Are you still having this issue?