Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Select multiple or all parameter for report
Dave O
I need to allow the user to select all, or multiple values for staff members. The values are integers. I displayed the staff names in a list box, returing the integer IDs.
I created and bound the paramater with allow multiple but get the message that only the first will be returned.
I figure i need to parse the return values in some way
In addition, i want to have the option to select All. I tried using % as the default but was warned that the data type did not match.
I found an example InClauseTest.rptdesign that does the transformation to comma delimited fields. I've figured out how to insert a script in the beforeOpen in the ODA Data Set(dataset) but it still returns only one value. I need to add the All.
Any help would be appreciated,
Dave
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you're using a SQL dataSet and can add "All" as another value in your column using a union. You might be able to use a joint dataSet to join your current dataSet and a dataSet that has the value of "all". And then use computed columns to merge your columns. There is also the option of using your current dataSet as the source to a scripted dataSet and add the value of "All" to your scripted dataSet and use it in your parameter.