Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to make a BIRT Report Item Extension resizable ?
system_migrated
Hi everyone,
I hope you guys could help me with the following problem.
I'm not really a pro yet, but I developed a BIRT Report Item Extension to use in Report Designer and of course in my java application. The Extension works fine, but there is a problem when I want to make the new report item resizable in the BIRT Report Designer (eclipse). There is an option "isResizable" but when I choose "yes" there are only the controls to resize an item when I grab a corner of the report item, but nothing happens when I try to resize it.
I hope you understood what my problem is and can help me asap ?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
When you set the isResizable any time you change the height or width of the item your updateFigure event will be called. It is passed a handle to the report item and a current figure. The report item handle will have the new height and width. You need to then redraw your item with the new size.
IReportItem item = handle.getReportItem( );
item.getProperty("height");
Look at org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ui.ChartReportItemUIImpl updateFigure method for an example. The size you get will need to be converted to pts and the chart report item shows some examples of doing this.
Jason