Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Complex Gantt chart
Baku
Hello everyone,
I have been for several days on the following problem:
My Gantt chart represents the tasks (the Y), each task being split into several status (Initialized, Hold, Waiting, etc..), each one with a start date and end date.
So in the 'Grouping optionnal Y series' I have my column representing status name.
Everything works perfectly as long as a status does not occur more than once per task, but the problem is there, there are regular sequences like that for a task: Initialized, Running, Waiting, Hold, Waiting, Running, Success .
This means that each status can have 2 (or more) start date and 2 (or more) end date. So BIRT makes a kind of merge from start1 date to end2 date, overlapping the colors of the different statutes involved ..
Is it only possible to solve this problem? If so, how?
Thank you for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mcremer
If I understand your statement correclty
You have a table with somting like this:
Job startdate enddate status.
And your querying this data.
In deed if job 1 has to statuses it woudnt realy work quite well as you want. I sugest adjusting your query. Giving the staus a number so that it diviates eg initiate1 initate2 etc.
Baku
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mcremer'" data-cid="81541" data-time="1313414916" data-date="15 August 2011 - 06:28 AM"><p>
If I understand your statement correclty<br />
<br />
You have a table with somting like this:<br />
<br />
Job startdate enddate status.<br />
<br />
And your querying this data.<br />
<br />
In deed if job 1 has to statuses it woudnt realy work quite well as you want. I sugest adjusting your query. Giving the staus a number so that it diviates eg initiate1 initate2 etc.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
First of all thank you for your quick response.<br />
<br />
I thought about this solution, but I really wanted to avoid this for several reasons:<br />
<br />
- The new request will be complex to make, because I don't know in advance how many same status i have for one particular task. So I don't know how to change the second 'Waiting' in 'Winting2', the second 'Hold' in 'Hold2', and so on...<br />
<br />
- If I managed to build this request, i will have in my chart different color/legend for the same status..
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Baku'" data-cid="81544" data-time="1313416144" data-date="15 August 2011 - 06:49 AM"><p>
First of all thank you for your quick response.<br />
<br />
I thought about this solution, but I really wanted to avoid this for several reasons:<br />
<br />
- The new request will be complex to make, because I don't know in advance how many same status i have for one particular task. So I don't know how to change the second 'Waiting' in 'Winting2', the second 'Hold' in 'Hold2', and so on...<br />
<br />
- If I managed to build this request, i will have in my chart different color/legend for the same status..<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
You could use the MAP function with computed columns (using perm variables or sorting in that manor)
Baku
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mcremer'" data-cid="81548" data-time="1313418348" data-date="15 August 2011 - 07:25 AM"><p>
You could use the MAP function with computed columns (using perm variables or sorting in that manor)<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Sorry but, what is this MAP function you are talking about ? can you be more explicit plz ?
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Baku'" data-cid="81549" data-time="1313419944" data-date="15 August 2011 - 07:52 AM"><p>
Sorry but, what is this MAP function you are talking about ? can you be more explicit plz ?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Sorry for the late response yesterday was a bussy day for me.<br />
<br />
In the properties of a object or table you have tabs Property, Binding, Map and Higlicht. Trough Map you replace or can script round to replace object (eg number 1 mens januarie and thus will show that on the report).