Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to link data sets within same report?
xray316
hello,
I have a single report that has 2 data sets 1) People, 2) purchases
The report prompts for a parameter for People named "lastname" and the report runs fine -the person record is displayed.
BUT now I want the people data set to provide the People_id to the purchases dataset, such that the purchases for a person are displayed. I do NOT want to prompt for a lastname parameter for the people report, AND a purchase_id for the purchases report. I just want to prompt for the lastname, so that when the people data set runs, it provides the people_id to the purchases data set, to retrieve only the purchases for the specific people_id..
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Nested Tables.
Person DataSet has a Query parameter linked to a Report Parameter.
Purchase DataSet just has a Query parameter.
Create a Table to display Person data.
In the Person Group header (or the Detail Row) put another Table and link to Purchase DataSet.
In the purchase Table's Properties - Binding - 'DataSet Parameter Binding', set the Purchase parameter to be the outer table's row value.
This causes the Purchase query to be rerun for each row of Person data (or each unique PersonID if you used Group Header).