Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Numeric value into English
bbmuskie
Hi,
I'm now creating an Invoice that need to get the Grand Total (a Number field) and convert it to a Total Amount (Text field).
i.e. Grand Total is "3,456,898.23" to Total Amount "Three Million Four Hundred Fifty Six Thousand Eight Hundred Ninety Eight Dollars and Twenty Three Cents Only"
Do I need to create a User Defined Function? If yes, where could I found the reference to create it? Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
I think someone else asked this previously.
The answer is that BIRT cannot do this, so yes you will have to find some external way to convert the values.
There probably exists a java class you can import that will allow you to do it in a script or DataSet computed column.
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="81576" data-time="1313499924" data-date="16 August 2011 - 06:05 AM"><p>
I think someone else asked this previously.<br />
The answer is that BIRT cannot do this, so yes you will have to find some external way to convert the values.<br />
There probably exists a java class you can import that will allow you to do it in a script or DataSet computed column.<br /></p></blockquote>
As Thuston says,<br />
<br />
<br />
This is not in a out of the box function. You can do it in several ways write it fully ni java script (and if your smart share it on DevShare). Or use a java class like <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/3685'><span
style='color: #FF0000'>this </span></a>. And use that.<br />
<br />
Eather way I think lot of folks around here will be interested in how you solved this.