Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Readonly Editor/Properties
Lea
Hi,
is it possible to open the Editor (RCPMultiPageReportEditor) and its properties in a read-only mode?
Thanks,
--Lea
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Lea
I could still use some help with that.
Susana
This isn't about the engine in applications, is it? ;-) Just wondering.
Are you trying to limit the ability to change reports and layouts?
I didn't find anything useful about your question, _but_ being it's name _editor_, I'd guess you'd have to go through permissions regarding the editors files... Just a guess, though.
Lea
<em class='bbc'>This isn't about the engine in applications, is it? ;-) Just wondering.</em><br />
<br />
I'm integrating the BIRT-Plugins into my RCP-App. Guess, that's about the engine in apps :-).<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>Are you trying to limit the ability to change reports and layouts?</em><br />
<br />
Yes. I want to open the reporteditor(s) and its properties in a readonly mode (not just don't save it), so that it is not possible to change the layout/properties but to view them.<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'> I'd guess you'd have to go through permissions regarding the editors files</em><br />
You mean, making the .rptdesign-File read only?
Susana
Sorry, I've never done that so the question stroke me as odd... :=> But it's a recurring question:
http://old.nabble.com/Desktop-Based-Report-Viewer--td23129260.html
As I see it, either:
- try working around with permissions on the rptdesign files (ReportStorage has a isReadOnly method...)
- try finding out if org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.editors.IReportEditorPage#markPageStale(int)
is still around (found it in sources from 2006) and if it suits your purpose;
- would overwiting isSaveAsAllowed work?
- try finding out if a View is more useful than Editor
Just a couple ideas, wouldn't know if any of these will do.
Lea
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Susana'" data-cid="82332" data-time="1315322003" data-date="06 September 2011 - 08:13 AM"><p>
- try working around with permissions on the rptdesign files (ReportStorage has a isReadOnly method...)<br />
- try finding out if org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.editors.IReportEditorPage#markPageStale(int)<br />
is still around (found it in sources from 2006) and if it suits your purpose;<br />
- would overwiting isSaveAsAllowed work?<br />
- try finding out if a View is more useful than Editor<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks for your reply.<br />
<br />
1 + 3. This does not work. It only forbids to save the design, but this is too late. I don't want the user to spend time on changing the design and finally he cannot save it.<br />
2. I already found that method but did not try it, since I was not sure whether it would help. I will try.<br />
4. Mmh. I don't want to change the complete design since it is working perfectly for 'normal' design files. I hope I can avoid that.
Susana
Take a look at these topics - maybe one of them can lead you the right way.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/173174/551107/#msg_551107'>http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/173174/551107/#msg_551107</a>
; (Unfortunately, the bug entry is frozen.)<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/170558/542074/#msg_542074'>http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/170558/542074/#msg_542074</a><br
/>
<br />
Should you find a solution, would you post it here?<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Lea'" data-cid="82371" data-time="1315373400" data-date="06 September 2011 - 10:30 PM"><p>
Thanks for your reply.<br />
<br />
1 + 3. This does not work. It only forbids to save the design, but this is too late. I don't want the user to spend time on changing the design and finally he cannot save it.<br />
2. I already found that method but did not try it, since I was not sure whether it would help. I will try.<br />
4. Mmh. I don't want to change the complete design since it is working perfectly for 'normal' design files. I hope I can avoid that.<br /></p></blockquote>
Lea
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Susana'" data-cid="82375" data-time="1315386097" data-date="07 September 2011 - 02:01 AM"><p>
Take a look at these topics - maybe one of them can lead you the right way.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/173174/551107/#msg_551107'>http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/173174/551107/#msg_551107</a>
; (Unfortunately, the bug entry is frozen.)<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/170558/542074/#msg_542074'>http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/170558/542074/#msg_542074</a><br
/>
<br />
Should you find a solution, would you post it here?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Unfortunately both topics are about the saving mechanism and this is much too late.<br />
Probably I will overwrite each page (*sigh) and mark each control as read only. That's the ugliest solution.