Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Calendar not working
Maninder_IBM
I am trying to use the Calendar cgi that is supplied on the support site. However I can't see what I am doing wrong, it's not that difficult is it? The error I get is when I try to create a DCR using the DCT is
"Templating Error Page
An exception was thrown: Error building the requirements: An unexpected element of type "TEXT" was found inside of "item". "
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi,
Can u post your cfg and cgi script so that it is easy to find out what is wrong
Thanx
iwovGraduate
The error seems to be in the parsing of the datacapture.cfg. Maybe you can a syntax error ?
Post your datacapture.cfg. Maybe somebody can take a look.
Maninder_IBM
<item name="date">
<label>Date</label>
<description>Please enter the archive date for the document. Format: DD-MM-YYYY. This will not cause the document to be deleted from the system, but will stop category index pages listing the content.</description>
<TEXT REQUIRED="T" VALIDATION-REGEX="^[0-1][0-9]-[0-3][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$">
<DEFAULT>MM/DD/YYYY</DEFAULT>
<CGI-CALLOUT URL="/IW-BIN/project_dev/callouts/calendar/z_calendar.ipl" LABEL="VIEW CALENDAR" WINDOW-FEATURES="WIDTH=200,HEIGHT=230,RESIZABLE=NO,TOOLBAR=NO,SCROLLBARS=NO,TITLEBAR=NO"/>
</TEXT>
</item>
Maninder_IBM
I have parsed the XML in a browser and it seems to be fine.
Migrateduser
May be it is because you are using capital letters
<TEXT>
</TEXT>
Thanx
Maninder_IBM
worth a try... but this is how it is on the support site.
iwovGraduate
Change the case: "TEXT" to "text", etc.
The parser for datacapture.cfg is case sensitive.
Maninder_IBM
Thanks for all your replies. It seems to be getting past this problem but now I get this error....
Templating Error Page
An exception was thrown: Error parsing Data Capture Template of development/ALL_General_Content_Page: Stopping after fatal error: Attribute name "cgi-callout" must be followed by the '=' character.
Maninder_IBM
This is what it looks like now.
<item name="date">
<label>date here</label>
<description>Please enter the archive date for the document. Format: DD-MM-YYYY. This will not cause the document to be deleted from the system, but will stop category index pages listing the content.</description>
<text required="t" validation-regex="^[0-1][0-9]-[0-3][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$">
<default>MM/DD/YYYY</default>
<cgi-callout url="/iw-bin/project_dev/callouts/calendar/z_calendar.ipl" label"VIEW CALENDAR" window-features="width=200,height=230,resizable=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,titlebar=no"/>
</text>
</item>
LooseCannon
Change:
label"VIEW CALENDAR"
To:
label="VIEW CALENDAR"
nipper
CHeck your permissions (rwxr-xr-x) on the ipl file, also look to see the proper path for iwperl.
CHeck your apache log as well.
Andy
Maninder_IBM
Thanks for your replies guys. Permissions and path seems fine. What is the apache log?
Maninder_IBM
Wooohooo I think I have nearly got it working! Thanks for all your replies everyone!
Maninder_IBM
I am now getting this error..
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.26 Server at uxkcxdcent22 Port 80
Any one know about this?
Adam Stoller
If you're on Solaris - look in /var/adm/iwui/ - and you should see a bunch of logs, including ones for errors. If you run a 'tail -f' on that log and then repeat the procedure you were trying to do - you should be able to identify the [new] lines that represent the problem being encountered - which should help you identify the source of the problem
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Maninder_IBM
ok Got it working.. apparently there were problems with the version of the cgi and ipl I downloaded.
Thanks for all your help!