Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Accessing Property Values as Data Element
Bernd
Hello,
how can I access the Display Name e.g. of a report as data field. Is there a function one can use and how can I adress the different property values?
Thx.
Bernd.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Sorry for the delayed response. You can get the display name of the report with this script:
reportContext.getDesignHandle().displayName;
So, you should be able to use this in an expression for a data element or a dynamic text or in script to assign to a variable.
Bernd
I inserted the term into a data element of type string but is doesn't return a value (or blank). I'm using BIRT RCP 2.61 and the field "Display Name" is filled with text!?
Is there a reference manual about all methods and attributs of reportContext?
mwilliams
I just did it in a dynamic text element when I tested. Did you try that? Does it work for you? What is your BIRT version?
Bernd
Yes, that works. Great! Thx a lot.
Is there a ref for all elements of the reportContext-object?
mwilliams
This might help.
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.birt.doc.isv/enginescript/api/org/eclipse/birt/report/engine/api/script/IReportContext.html