Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cascade Parameters
snelligan
Birt Version 2.6.1
I have a report with a cascading parameter group.
1st parameter is a dynamic list of categories with a default value of **ALL**
2nd parameter is a dynamic list of shops with a default value of ** (with Allow Multiple Values)
When I run the report, the 1st Cascading Parameter defaults to **ALL** and I can select one of the values in the list. There is NO blank value. The 2nd parameter contains a blank line and then "**ALL**" selected as the default value.
After selecting the 1st parameter, the 2nd parameter list is populated with the available shops for the selected category. There is a blank option followed by **ALL** and then the list of shops available for the select category. "**ALL** is no longer selected as the default; and there is a blank element.
HOW DO I GET RID OF THE BLANK ELEMENT IN THE 2ND PARAMETER LIST?
If it is selected, I get an error "Value of reported parameter [Shop] is not specified; even if I select several elements.
Thanks in advance for any assistance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
Is it checked to be required?
snelligan
Yes it is required.
(see attached)
anshul9824
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am also having the same problem.... any idea please reply..</p>
JFreeman
<p>Which version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report we can run that demonstrates this issue?</p>