Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
just part of text is displayed
Abdelhadi
Hi,
I have a long text to display,but just part of this text that display
i don't know how to resolve this problem.
thks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Abdelhadi'" data-cid="81680" data-time="1313713563" data-date="18 August 2011 - 05:26 PM"><p>
Hi,<br />
I have a long text to display,but just part of this text that display<br />
i don't know how to resolve this problem.<br />
thks<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Abdelhadi,<br />
<br />
Birt has 3 ways to show text.<br />
<br />
<ul class='bbc'><li>Data</li><li>Text</li><li>Dynamic Text</li></ul>
<br />
Now Data is sorta the odd one out it doesnt have word wrapping out of the box. So if you drag and drop a data set in to you report (it becomes a table filled wit Labels for the headers and data objects). <br />
<br />
More on this you can find in:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/19827-how-do-i-use-word-wrap-in-report-design/page__s__ad0bb32bbbac95aee7b5556149417a73
(used the forum search to get that).<br />
<br />
With kind regards
Abdelhadi
thank you MCREMER for your Reply,
you are right I use drag and drop data set,but I drop the object taht contain
the long text and I replace it by a Dynamic text and I have same problem.(i use text too).
I see the link i think i have to write a script to resolve this problem,
i am beginer to use birt how can i add this script?
thanks again MCREMER.
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Abdelhadi'" data-cid="81700" data-time="1313748288" data-date="19 August 2011 - 03:04 AM"><p>
thank you MCREMER for your Reply,<br />
you are right I use drag and drop data set,but I drop the object taht contain <br />
the long text and I replace it by a Dynamic text and I have same problem.(i use text too).<br />
I see the link i think i have to write a script to resolve this problem,<br />
i am beginer to use birt how can i add this script?<br />
thanks again MCREMER.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
No problem, If you set the text to HTML it gets some word wrapping capillarity's. Also Scripts you can put in all the objects you want. If your starting out with BIRT is sugest reading this.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseBIRT/article.html'>http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseBIRT/article.html</a><br
/>
<br />
And also<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=GSG:Getting_Started_with_BIRT_Designers'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/wiki/index.php?title=GSG:Getting_Started_with_BIRT_Designers</a><br
/>
<br />
Hope this helps.
Abdelhadi
Thks Again MCREMER,
I found solution,it worrks just when string contains spaces as separator :
i set the property Whitespace to Auto,default value is Nowrrapping.
but when the string like for example "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" there is no space, just part of this string that displayed.
I want to use Javascript I find part of code :
function wrap(longStr,width){
length = longStr.length;
if(length <= width)
return longStr;
return (longStr.substring(0, width) + "\n" + wrap(longStr.substring(width, length), width));
}
but I don't know where I insert it.
thks for you help MCREMER