Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
setValue() for Replicants?
System
I am currently creating a form that uses replicants and needs to be populated with some default fields when the DCR loads.
For other fields, the setValue() command can be used:
IWDatacapture.getItem("/Address/Road").setValue("High Street");
But this does not work for replicants, how can a field within an "or" replicant be set?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Getting the default fields to load now, but can only populate them once the form is open.
Is it possible to open a DCR for the first time and have a certain amount of default replicants open when using an "or" replicant.
I know that the default attribute should be 2, but how do you specify which replicant you want displayed?
Adam Stoller
What do you have specified for the 'min' value for your replicant?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Thanks, It seems to work now... it opens the min amount of the first field.
Do I assume then, that when a min value is used on an "or" replicant, then it uses the first item in the list?.
What if there are 3 different items, and you would want one of each to open?. Surely if you set min=3 then it would open 3 of the first instance?
Adam Stoller
By default I believe that would be the case, you may be able to control it a bit with FormAPI - but I haven't really immersed myself in that yet so I cannot say for sure if/how to do so.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
What if you want a default amount of replicants?
Setting the default="2" does not have the same effect as min="2" in that min uses the first item and creates 2 entries, but in this case default does nothing. It won't create any default instances. Why is this?
Migrateduser
Have looked at FormAPI, and I have no idea how you can manipulate the type of replicants that open when using "min", unless it is the first item in the list, and then only that type can be used and not 3 different types. i.e. one of each type.
Neither can I find a way to open an "or" replicant with a defuault amount in, and currently can only get the "min" attribute to work.