Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to modify labels in charts on x-axis
goerster
Hey everyone,
i have problems to configure the labels of the attached charts right.
in the first chart, there should be the last label on the x-axis ("16:30") removed, because it is to near to the label before. i configured birt , so that the label should be printed every hour.
in the second chart the label "2011" should be removed and a label "2010" should be inserted at the right place. i configured birt, so that the labels should be printed every two years, although the last step is 3 years.
can somebody tell me how to change the labels?
thanks so far
daniel
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mcremer
Hi Daniel,<br />
<br />
I think what your looking for can be solfed with some code in the <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/'><span
style='color: #FF0000'>DevShare</span></a> section of the community page. It often helps searching there for code snippets from the folks of Actuate or other BIRT enthusiast. Here you can find a the JavaScript library called <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1313-build-professional-looking-charts-with-birt-chart-da-vinci/'><span
style='color: #FF0000'>Chart Da Vinci</span></a>. This library enables you to manipulate a lot with the charts e.g. color grading but also stuff like how the scale should work etc.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps.
goerster
Hey,
thanks for the links, but unfortunately I didn't find anything that would help me. I thought it wouldn't be that much of problem to eliminate the last label on the x axis.
I thought the chart would do so, because I set the step width to a fix value. Do you have some idea, what I could do.
FYI: I'm generating the chart through java.
Daniel
goerster
Has nobody an idea?
I'm searching the whole time for an answer, but didn't find anything. I think there must be a way, to force, that the labels are only shown for the given step, but I didn't find any way.