Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem installing Iserver, Volume Offline
pooh
helo,
I have previously installed Iserver version 11 before.
I am trying to install them again on another PC, however it looks like I have some problem with the volume.
I am installing using the alternative-db with Postgres. I am following exactly like the documentation steps.
I get the following installation when I try to login :
8008: Load balancer cannot locate member. The specified volume is not online.
Parameter0 = corp
I have tried re installing various time. Always the same problem.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pooh
This is the WARNING I get at the end of Iserver installation :
Creating sample encyclopedia...
...................
--Warning. Actuate sample encyclopedia cannot be created at this time. Installation will continue without the sample encyclopedia. You can use iServer Management Console to upload the sample reports from <DIRECTORY>/SampleEncyc in your file system.
averma
Hi pooh,
what is the operating system running on that pc and what specific version of BIRT iServer are you installing (sp1 or sp2)?
CMullen
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="81768" data-time="1314033333" data-date="22 August 2011 - 10:15 AM"><p>
Hi pooh,<br />
what is the operating system running on that pc and what specific version of BIRT iServer are you installing (sp1 or sp2)?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Don't mean to hijack or resurrect a dead thread, but I'm experiencing the same issue. iServer 11 SP1, Windows Server 2003 x64. Installed fine on my local machine.<br />
<br />
Install came back with several errors:<br />
<br />
"PostgreSQL service isn't started, please manually create schema or migrate encyclopedia DB after starting the service"<br />
<br />
Hung on Creating sample encyclopedia step, then displayed:<br />
<br />
"Actuate sample encyclopedia cannot be created at this time. Installation will continue without the sample encyclopedia. You can use iServer Management Console to upload the sample reports from \SampleEncyc in your file system."<br />
<br />
Attempting to run the Configuration Console to setup a new encyclopedia leads to:<br />
<br />
"System failed.<br />
System Failure Reason : Could not open the specified file. (File Name)<br />
Error Parameters: \iServer/etc.servinfoex.acxmlnew<br />
<br />
Errno: 5"<br />
<br />
Checking the path, I see the servinfoex file, though no indication of acxmlnew. Viewing the file it appears similar to the successfully launched version on my local machine.<br />
<br />
Again, sorry for the addition to a previous thread, but seems similar. Let me know if I should start my own.
averma
Hi CMullen,
My recommendation would be to uninstall BIRT iServer, create a Windows user account that is a member of the Power Users not the Administrators group. Make sure that the Account has permission to access any printers required for printing. When re-installing use an account that has Administrator privileges. During the installation, when prompted to specify the user account to run the iServer service, specify the Power User account. This is in order to workaround Postgres security issues since it does not like to be launched with Administrative privileges. Let me know if that helps resolve the issue.
Ashwini
Trace11
exactly, these kind of problems occur in some specific operating systems...and mostly in 98,...if you share the info about operating system you are using it will be easier to find the cure..