Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Accessing a cell containing a label widget
rummicub
Hi.
When I create a table from a dataset, and assign a label to the header cell of a column, that label superimposes on the cell. This effectively hinders me from accessing the cell's properties: when I point at the cell, I get the label's props, and I need to temporarily move the label to get to the cell. I recently spent quite a lot of time trying to realise why a label isn't rendered as expected, only to find out that its rendering was influenced by the underlying cell.
Is there some means in the UI (eclipse-birt-plugin) that:
a. aid a user in realising that a format property originates in a parent component?
b. allow access to the underlying component, w/o removing the one covering it?
10x,
Amit
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lrnrit
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'rummicub'" data-cid="81792" data-time="1314086519" data-date="23 August 2011 - 01:01 AM"><p>
Hi.<br />
When I create a table from a dataset, and assign a label to the header cell of a column, that label superimposes on the cell. This effectively hinders me from accessing the cell's properties: when I point at the cell, I get the label's props, and I need to temporarily move the label to get to the cell. I recently spent quite a lot of time trying to realise why a label isn't rendered as expected, only to find out that its rendering was influenced by the underlying cell.<br />
<br />
Is there some means in the UI (eclipse-birt-plugin) that:<br />
a. aid a user in realising that a format property originates in a parent component?<br />
b. allow access to the underlying component, w/o removing the one covering it?<br />
<br />
10x,<br />
Amit<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi Amit,<br />
<br />
You can select underlying cell by carefully moving mouse pointer to the side of label (little gap betwwen label and cell border) . It (Mouse pointer) change into black curved pointer and after clicking you select underlying cell without moving label.<br />
<br />
<br />
regards <br />
lrnit
rummicub
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'lrnrit'" data-cid="81793" data-time="1314092830" data-date="23 August 2011 - 02:47 AM"><p>
Hi Amit,<br />
<br />
You can select underlying cell by carefully moving mouse pointer to the side of label (little gap betwwen label and cell border) . It (Mouse pointer) change into black curved pointer and after clicking you select underlying cell without moving label.<br />
<br />
<br />
regards <br />
lrnit<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks! works for me. Moreover, by matter of chance, I just found the UI facility for easily accessing all elements: outline view (window -> open view -> outline).<br />
Amit
lrnrit
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'rummicub'" data-cid="81829" data-time="1314142234" data-date="23 August 2011 - 04:30 PM"><p>
Thanks! works for me. Moreover, by matter of chance, I just found the UI facility for easily accessing all elements: outline view (window -> open view -> outline).<br />
Amit<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi<br />
<br />
Yes, that is right .<br />
<br />
lrnit