Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Group By with multiple data sets
cswin
I have 2 data sets, both with the columns names as below:
YEAR|MONTH|MAKE|REVENUE|NUMB_SOLD
One data set returns the sales data for CARS.
One data set returns the sales data for TRUCKS.
I want one report that combines these 2 data sets in the same table and groups
results by year and month. All CAR detail data would be grouped together and all TRUCK detail data grouped together and displayed under a single MONTH heading. So report would look like the image I have
attached.
I'm not sure how to get around BIRT only allowing one data set per table and only being able
to group on one data set.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cswin
Attachment..
mwilliams
I don't see an image, but I think I know what you're saying. What is your BIRT version?
mwilliams
Ah...now I see an image!
mwilliams
You'll either have to do a joint dataSet and join them together or use embedded tables.
cswin
Can you explain a little more how the embedded tables would work?
If I have a master table that has two embedded tables in it, one for CARS data set, and one for TRUCKS data set, how do I do a group on the YEAR and MONTH so that it groups the data from both tables? I don't want to group by YEAR and MONTH on the CARS data set and then have another GROUP by YEAR and MONTH on the TRUCKS data set. Hopefully that makes sense.
Sorry very new to BIRT.
mwilliams
It's ok. You'd have to have years and months in your outer table so that you could have standard groupings independent of your inner tables. Then, you'd embed the other two tables in the inner-most group of the outer table and filter them according to the outer group values.