Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Query parameters with joint dataset
mrab
I have a joint dataset that uses data from two datasets - one queries a MYSQL database and the other a DB2 database. After I successfully tested the query I defined parameters on the sql statement for the DB2 query. These parameters were propagated into the joint dataset. However, when I tried to use these parameters in a chart, I couldn't see them even though my datasource is the joint dataset. How can I use these parameters in the chart?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Can you try adding a binding column to the chart. Select the chart and click on the binding tab. Select the add button. Set the expression to something like:
inputParams["param_1"];
Then use the new column in the chart builder.
Jason
mrab
Thanks for the response.
I added the parameter like this:
Data Type: Date
Expression: inputParams["psapprod::startDate"]
where psapprod::startDate is the name of the parameter as shown in the joint dataset (psapprod is the name of the DB2 dataset and startDate is the parameter I defined there). I can see the column (labeled 'Column Binding') in the column list for the joint data set, but I can't figure out how to use this column so that it will plug a value into the query for the dataset psapprod. Did I do this the way you intended and if so, what do you recommend for the next step?
Thanks!
Michele
JasonW
do you want to tie it to a report parameter or set it based on a tables data?
If so select the binding tab and click on the parameter button and set it to an outer containers column value. Have a look at this example.
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/birt2.1/subreport/index.php
Jason
mrab
I am actually trying to display several charts within the same report. Within each chart I wanted to limit what the query brought back (one chart for each hour). Because I couldn't see the parameters in the chart, I ended up using a filter. This works okay for this case since there isn't a great deal of data, although I'd rather limit the amount of data being returned rather than just filtering out what I don't need.
Thanks for your help!
Michele
JasonW
Can you post the report?
Jason