Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can I not show Group header on certain pages?
aglass
Hi,
I have built a report which is grouped on location and I have added a group header that is showing on every page. However now the report needs to show commentary for each table in the group and I don't want to show the header line on the commentary pages.
The report would ideally look like this:
Page 1 - Table with cost data in (including group header) for country A
Page 2 - Commentary for country A (excluding group header)
Page 3 - Table with cost data in (Including group header) for country B
Page 4 - Commentary for country B (excluding group header)
Page 5 - Table with cost data in (Including group header) for country C etc etc
I would just add seperate tables (cost data and then commentary) for each but the report could end up being for 20 or 30 locations so would be a lot of tables making it slow to run.
Does anyone know of a way to not show a group header on certain pages of an output. We are intending to output to PDF and we use BIRT Designer Eclipse Platform - Version 3.4.2
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Tony
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Tony,
If you go into the group editor, you'll see a check box that says "repeat header". If you deselect it, you won't get the header info repeated for the group on the second page. In your example above, you show that the table only takes one page, so this would work.
aglass
Thanks that did just want I wanted.
Now I have another query that may be pushing my luck but here goes...
Is there a way to add a header for the commentary pages? So basically it would be something similar to this:
Page 1 - Page 1 - Table with cost data in (including group header 1) for country A
Page 2 - Commentary for country A (including group header 2)
Page 3 - Table with cost data in (Including group header 1) for country B
Page 4 - Commentary for country B (Including group header 2)
Page 5 - Table with cost data in (Including group header 1) for country C etc etc
I know this would be easy with two seperate tables but I still need the group by location in there to have the report show Country, Commentary, Country, Commentary, Country, etc
If you know of a way of doing this it would be really helpful.
Cheers,
Tony
mwilliams
You might be able to do something with page variables in the masterpage, depending on what all you're trying to show in the header. Another option could be to include an extra detail row in the commentary section and only show it once per page, hiding it the rest of the time.
I'm not sure this would work, but you could create two group header rows and in your onRender script, depending on what page you're in, you could set the display property to "none" for the appropriate header.
These are a few options I can think of off the top of my head that might get you what you're wanting. Let me know if you have more questions or need a better explanation!