Hi.
I'm developing a multi-threaded java 6 solution on SuSE 11. Each thread works its way through the data, builds a report based on its own template and somewhere along the way saves that template with a couple of changes.
The code goes like this:
...
ReportDesignHandle reportDesign = null;
...
reportDesign = session.openDesign(thisDesignFile);
...
reportDesign.saveAs(thisDesignFile);
...
For purpose's sake I might as well add that after populating two embedded images, the final template is rendered to PDF.
I've been debugging for the last couple of weeks and have been able to cut way through all I've stubled upon - until now:
In the midst of tens of data and rendered PDF, one thread, with one specific but not unusual set of data, throws an exception when trying to save the template. Most puzzling is the message associated to the exception: 22868. The cause is null.
The template is saved, but ill-formed since it's not complete:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<report xmlns="
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.22" id="1">
<property>...</property>
...other normal stuff...
<styles>...</styles>
<page-setup>...</page-setup>
<body>...</body>
<list-property name="images">
<structure>
<property name="name">myImage.jpg</property>
And that's where it ends; there's nothing wrong with this image, as tens of other reports render it perfectly int their PDF. It is embedd3ed, although, due to rendering problems, I have to load it dynamically again into the template - if not, 5-8% of the times it will be rendered as "Current item is not available".
What is Exception 22868?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Susana